Mobile Marketing is a set of practices that enables companies to communicate and engage with their audience in an interactive and relevant matter through any mobile device or wireless network, therefore Mobile Lead Generation should be a major part of your marketing strategy.
Why Mobile Lead Generation?
Direct: Highly effective direct communication method.
Measurable: Every detail of the mobile campaign can be captured and reported providing accurate data for ROI calculation.
High Performance: Mobile display ad enjoy 5-6 times higher CTR (Click through Rate) than online.
Cost: This is a generally cost effective communication method.
Cross Channel: Ability to transform traditional media into interactive measurable real time media through SMS.
Unsaturated Market: Still an emerging market in the EDU space.
Fast Growing: Mobile internet audience is one third of online today and growing fast, almost 200% growth since January 2008.
Some Popular Forms of Mobile Lead Generation
Mobile Ad Display
Understand The Market: Mobile Stats: Africa
- 500 Million mobile phone subscribers in Africa (projected to add a further 224 million over the next 5 years)
- Biggest mobile markets are Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Ghana
- South Africa has the largest fixed line broadband infrastructure
- Mobile broadband subscribers (via 3G networks) crossed 3 million (Q3 2009)
- 80% Smartphone penetration in South Africa by 2014
- Nokia is leading handset provider in Kenya, with 57% penetration (Q1 2011)
- MTN is rated Africa’s most valuable brand and is valued at US$4.7 billion
- Telkom spent +/-US$800 million to launch 8ta
- South Africa, is the leader in mobile banking
- The number of active users of mobile money services in Africa is predicted to double by 2013, exceeding 200 million (according to Jupiter Research)
- Africa has grown from 1.5 billion to 5.2 billion impressions in 2010
- 82% Of smartphone users notice mobile ads
- 74% Make a purchase as a result of using their phone during the shopping process
Mobile internet usage is growing fast, it is expected to equal to desktops by 2013, SMS is still King
Effective Mobile Campaign Guidelines:
- Use clear visuals and a clear call to action, with high sense of urgency.
- Make sure the campaign is compatible with handsets that are most common among the target demographic.
- Understand the target audience – most mobile marketing companies deploy some sort of incentive or added value proposition to generate higher response.